During the recent fighting in the Gaza Strip, officials from the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees in the Near East (UNWRA) have been highly critical of Israeli policies. In particular, spokesperson Christopher Gunness and John Ging, director of the agencys operations in the Gaza Strip, have condemned Israel for killing Palestinian women and children without acknowledging the role Hamas rockets played in provoking the conflict.
Journalists often fail to report that UNWRA has come under severe criticism and intense scrutiny for its ties to Palestinian terror groups, mismanagement of funds, and failure to repatriate Palestinian refugees.
Here is a round-up of useful materials about UNWRA.
and Mail, Jan. 29, 2009)
Mowbray, Foxnews.com, Jan. 14, 2009)
3. West turned a blind eye to Hamas until Israel hit back (David Adams, Irishtimes.com, Jan. 15, 2009)
4. Gaza Bedfellows UNRWA and Hamas (Claudia Rosette, Forbes.com, Jan. 8, 2009)
5. Rockets Fly, The UN Lies (Arlene Kushner, FrontPage Magazine, Dec. 2, 2008
3. UNRWA: Refuge of Rejectionism (Barry Rubin et al, Global Research in International Affairs Center, May 8, 2008)
4. The UNs Palestinian Refugee Problem (Arlene Kushner, Azure, Autumn, 2005)
1. Why Palestinians Still Live in Refugee Camps, Aug. 14, 2005
2. Media, UNRWA Silent on Attacked Aid Convoy, Jan. 21, 2009