As we reflect on the challenges and triumphs of 2023, a year marked by both achievements and heartbreaks, we extend our deepest gratitude to our supporters. Your unwavering dedication and commitment have been vital in helping us attain remarkable milestones in promoting accurate and fair reporting on Israel and the Middle East. Here’s a snapshot of our key achievements this year:
Global Media Influence
- Over 300 Corrections: CAMERA set a record, prompting more than 300 corrections in leading news outlets across the globe.
International Influence: We participated in interviews and educational sessions in the US, UK, Israel, and India, gaining growing international support for our mission.
- Vast Publishing: We authored and published over 1,000 columns, combined with a strong social media presence, reaching millions.
UK Leadership Collaboration: We met with Jewish and pro-Israel leaders in London to strategize against institutional anti-Israel bias and antisemitism in Britain.
- Policy Influence: A CAMERA Arabic report prompted a French parliamentary hearing and the dismissal of antisemitic journalists from France 24 News due to CAMERA’s research.
- Media Coverage: CAMERA articles and insights were featured in prominent national outlets like the Wall Street Journal, New York Post, and FOX News.
- Community Mobilization: We engaged 18,000 CAMERA letter writers, resulting in 7,000 letters to media and educational institutions.
- Publishing Success: Our letter writers successfully published nearly 600 pro-Israel letters on major news platforms.
CAMERA on Campus Outreach
- Academic Engagement: Our campus team and fellows published 74 articles, hosted 152 campus events, engaged 16,437 attendees, and reached at least 1.4 million people on social media.
- Legislative Testimony: Our staff addressed campus antisemitism in the Arizona state legislature.
- Impactful Initiatives: We successfully led campaigns including “Apartheid Week Exposed” and “This is Zionism,” generating over one million online impressions.
- International Conference: We hosted the 13th International Student Leadership Conference, training pro-Israel student activists from campuses across the world.
- Campaign Achievements: We launched “SJP Exposed” and “Mizrahi Stories” campaigns, achieving significant online engagement.
- Brown University Study: We exposed issues in Brown’s Choices Curriculum, reinforcing CAMERA’s vital role in watchdog research.
CAMERA Education Institute (CEI) Impact
- Curriculum Development: We expanded our high school curriculum to counter anti-Israel messages in American K-12 schools.
- Educational Collaborations: We partnered with amazing educators, including Jany Finkielsztein and Rebecca Schgallis, for parent training and teacher workshops on how to combat antisemitism.
- National Recognition: CAMERA reports on Liberated Ethnic Studies were published in national papers and highlighted by Parents Defending Education.
- Government Engagement: CAMERA research was included in communications to the Vermont State Board of Education and recommended by JIMENA to the US Dept of Education and California school superintendents.
- Community Advocacy: Our work was utilized by parents and Jewish community members in California, New Jersey, and Vermont against anti-Israel and antisemitic ideology in K-12 schools.
- NYC Educational Impact: CEI materials were used by NYC Alliance educators to combat antisemitism in NYC public schools.
- Professional Involvement: CEI staff were elected to the Massachusetts Council for the Social Studies, and involved in the Jewish Affairs Caucus of NEA and Hadassah Educator’s Council.
- National Collaboration: We worked with Jewish communities, parents, and educators in 13 districts across the US, including Washington State, Minnesota, Vermont, California, Georgia, New York, and Massachusetts.
- PJ Library Promotion: CEI’s work was promoted during a PJ Library webinar to Jewish educators, parents, and authors.
Billboard Campaign Renewal
- Media Bias Campaigns: Continued and expanded our billboard campaigns targeting the New York Times and Washington Post, reaching an estimated 100,000 people daily.
- Faith-Based Partnerships: We worked with Christian and Jewish groups to support the dissemination of accurate information about Israel in religious communities around the world.
Interviews and Webinars
- Radio Presence: Facilitated significant interviews on Israeli radio stations.
- TV Presence: Featured on internationally watched shows, from Fox News to news programs in Israel and India.
- Webinars: Hosted 24 webinars with CAMERA researchers and outside experts.
Your support has been fundamental in achieving these milestones, and we look forward to continuing this impactful work together in the coming year. Thank you for being an integral part of CAMERA’s journey in 2023. We wish you and your loved ones a new year filled with light, peace, and happiness.