An investigative report by the Jewish Telegraphic Agency (JTA) reveals that the Ford Foundation (FF) has been a major funder of numerous Palestinian and Israeli groups involved in de-legitimizing and demonizing Israel, including groups such as LAW that turned the UN Conference Against Racism in Durban into an anti-Semitic hate fest.
...through its Cairo office, Ford has extended more than $35 million in grants to some 272 Arab and Palestinian organizations during the two-year 2000-2001 period alone -- the most recent years for which data is available -- plus 62 grants to individuals that total more than $1.4 million." (from Part 1 of report)
Palestinian NGO's receiving aid from the United States government must sign a pledge that their organization does not engage in, and does not provide support for, terrorist activity. The Ford Foundation does not require this pledge and many of the organizations it funds have stated that they would refuse to sign such a pledge.
In Part 2 of the report, we learn that NGO's funded by the Ford Foundation have:
* organized boycotts against Israel and boycotts of American companies doing business in Israel.
* given money to the International Solidarity Movement, an organization that impedes Israeli security operations in the Palestinian territories
* set up an “incitement Web site, www.palestinemonitor.org, dedicated to mobilizing world action against Israel and Zionism.”
* “published ‘The Palestine Report,’ which can be found at www.palestinereport.org. This Web site employs dramatic imagery and testimony to portray Israel as an apartheid state guilty of war crimes, violations of international law and repeated massacres.”< /P>
* provided on its website links to websites of Palestinian groups that the US State Department has listed as terrorist groups, including the People’s Front for the Liberation of Palestine, Islamic Jihad and Hamas, the Islamic Resistance Movement.
The JTA report also reveals that some groups commonly thought of as grassroots organizations, such as Israeli groups highly critical of Israel's security policies, e.g. Rabbis for Human Rights and B'Tzelem, are actually heavily funded by the Ford Foundation.
For more details about the anti-Israel and anti-Semitic organizations funded by the Ford Foundation, go to the link below.http://www.ngo-monitor.org/editions/v1n10/v1n10-1.htm
ACTION ITEMS: [In the original alert, action items and contact information were listed here.]